Outreach & Advocacy
In early 2020, the Outreach and Advocacy team conducted a congregational survey to help us determine which social issues were most pressing for our community. These commitments would help guide our focus and work. The top three concerns that emerged from survey respondents’ answers are 1) Racial justice, 2) Food insecurity, and 3) Climate change.
How To Get Involved
- Join the Outreach and Advocacy or Racial Justice Team at Peace
- Help with the annual Bread for the World Offering of Letters campaign (late spring)
- Help with Souperbowl Sunday offering of food and money (February)
- Support Peace’s commitment to the Annandale Christian Community for Action, a local human services organization, through volunteering, serving as the Peace Official Representative to the board, or through money donations.
- Volunteer with Neighbor to Neighbor (formerly Homework Club).
- Help as needed with one-time events offered/hosted by the Outreach and Advocacy and/or Racial Justice Teams.
- Be on call as part of the Vandalism Response Team to offer to support to area communities of faith in the event of vandalism.
- Support partner organizations (link to “Our Partnerships” page).
If you would like to get involved with the work of the Outreach and Advocacy ministry, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.