Short Term Studies
From time to time, we have short-term (2-6 week) studies. These may be Sunday mornings or midweek.
Past studies have included:
- Catching the Spirit: The book of Acts
- Book Group: My Grandmother’s Hands by Resmaa Menakem
- Photography as a Spiritual Practice
- Four Weeks with Dietrich Bonhoeffer
- Book Group: What is the Bible? By Rob Bell
- ELCA Social Statement on Care for Creation
- The Road to Emmaus
- Forgiveness, based on the book The Book of Forgiving by Desmond Tutu.
- Troubling the Waters Group
This study uses an ELCA resource designed to guide participants in self-reflection and awareness around issues of race and white privilege. The study follows the church lectionary cycle and gatherings take place over a year. Prayerful support is sought from the larger congregation.
In this journey from privilege to partnership, we invite people to “look forward to being transformed by the Spirit from persons of privilege to partner in building not only a more inclusive and multicultural church, but also a more just world.”
Two groups, totaling 35 people, have undergone this study. The next group will likely be fall of 2022. Please contact the church office if you’d like to find out more or be on the list.