The Witness and Welcome Ministry was active in 2016 and have already begun planning for 2017.
- In March, we went door to door inviting neighbors in the community to Easter services and the Easter egg hunt.
- In early May, we held a successful yard sale that raised money for Bailey’s shelter and brought together members of Peace and our neighboring community.
- In late May and early June, Peace hosted a caregiver course led by Lutheran Social Services.
- During the summer, we matched new members with sponsors (current members) and held a dinner where they could enjoy fellowship and talk about various ministries and experiences at Peace.
- In late November, we emailed all new members about upcoming holiday events: the Advent Carol Festival, the greening of the church, and the Christmas services.
- Late in the year, we refreshed the content of the website. New banners were put up, the home page was revamped, and more pictures were added to most pages.
- In December, we launched Peace’s Instagram page.
- We continued sending Baptism anniversary cards to children and adults baptized within the past four years.
We look forward to another productive year ahead and welcome others to join us! If interested in joining contact the office.
Dan Hanner is the Council liaison to the Witness Ministry.