1. Annandale Christian Community for Action (ACCA): Peace is a founding member of this 36-member ecumenical organization that helps with emergency cash, food, furniture, and other services to families living in our community. Find out ways to help and donate at accacares.org.
Thank you all for your generous donations to the ACCA Food Pantry over the last couple of weekends. We have collected over 1000 lbs. of food over the last two weekends. Because of this success and the increased need, we will continue to collect donations on Saturday mornings through May 23 from 9 – noon at the ACCA food pantry at 7200 Columbia Pike in Annandale. An updated list of needed items is below.
The Annandale Christian Community for Action (ACCA) food pantry has had a huge increase in requests for assistance from our neighbors here in Annandale / Bailey’s Crossroads due to the COVID-19 pandemic. You can help in one of these 3 ways:
1. Write a check (made to ACCA Inc.) and mail to ACCA, 7200 Columbia Pike, Annandale VA 22003
2. Donate online through the Catalogue for Philanthropy.
3. Drop off some of the following items on Saturday May 16 or May 23 between 9 a.m. and noon at the food pantry located at 7200 Columbia Pike (trailer separate from the day care center) in Annandale.
These are the most-needed items right now. Please share with your friends and neighbors. Thank you in advance. For more information or to help at the pantry, please contact email@example.com.
Feminine hygiene products
Canned mixed vegetables
2lb bags flour and maseca
2. Peace partners with LSS to provide Homework Clubs to youth and families who are new to the U.S. There is now an emergency relief fund set up to help clients, including Homework Club families. Click here to donate to the fund. Link: https://lssnca.org/get_involved/make_donation/donate.html
3. Food for Others: Peace partners with this organization by providing space for fresh produce to be grown. Donate time or money to this organization that helps families in our area by clicking here and signing up.
4. Donate blood:There is a need for life-saving blood donations right now. High schoolers may also donate (depending on age, parental consent may be required). Find an appointment time here.