Meets Friday afternoons from 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm at the Barcroft Starbucks at the intersection of Lincolnia Road and Columbia Pike. (Except the last Friday each month we meet at Peace Lutheran). When we meet at Peace, coffee and Tea will be provided and you may bring a snack to share if you so choose.
We meet to knit, crochet, share stories, support one another, and pray for those in need.
Shawls are donated as completed. Since February 2007, over 1000 hand-made shawls have been distributed for various prayer requests (people who are sick, grieving, or otherwise in need of comfort and celebration shawls for newborns, friendship, weddings, and other prayers of thanksgiving).
We also make scarves for people in shelters; and baby hats and sweaters for various charities.
Everyone can join us in praying for shawl recipients. Instruction and supplies are provided if you would like to join this informal group. (Attendance is optional.) Contact the office for more information. Praying for Peace!
The following blessing is attached to shawls:
“Do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” Isaiah 41:10. May this shawl, created with love and filled with prayers, comfort and enfold you. May it be a sacred haven of hope and peace and quiet.
2nd Annual Craft In!
You and your friends are warmly welcomed to a day of crafting on Saturday May 18th at Peace Lutheran’s Fellowship Hall. Bring your own craft to work on. Drop in for as long as you want. Snacks and drinks will be provided but feel free to bring something to share.) This is a very informal gathering. Make the day yours!
- Saturday, May 18, 2019, 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
- Peace Lutheran Church Fellowship Hall
- RSVP: email@example.com or (703) 354-5233
Highlights of 2018:
- 51 shawls were made and donated with many others ready to go. Since organizing in 2007 1329 items have been donated to those who are in need of comfort, sick, grieving, healing, or celebrating life events.
- We donated 6 shawls (along with quilts the quilting group donated) to Bethlehem Lutheran church in Annandale to help cover the vandalism done to their church pews.
- In July a farewell luncheon was held at Glory Days to say goodbye to a long time member, Karen A.
- Our December holiday luncheon was held at Glory Days. At that time we collected approximately 3-4 large bags of new underwear, sox, hats, gloves and scarves for the Bailey’s Crossroads Community Shelter/New Hope Housing.
- May 2018 a “Craft-In” was held in May including some members of the other crafting groups such as the beaders, scrappy ladies and guilt group members as well as anyone who wanted to join us to socialize and work on their own project. We had about 15 ladies attend for crafting, fellowship and light snacks.