All in-person activities are canceled indefinitely but we’re seeing many parts of the country begin reopening. The church council has been discussing whether or not we felt comfortable opening up our building for people to gather. Acting out of an abundance of caution and love for our church family, we do not feel comfortable reopening at this time. We want to learn best practices so that we can figure out a phased plan, and we are using data to help guide our decisions. Pastor Sarah is in touch with pastors in the area and we’ll keep everyone updated. Read the church council’s latest assessment.
A Care Team has formed to stay connected with the most vulnerable people in our congregation. If you would like to have a care team member contact you for any reason, please email email@example.com
In addition to the small groups that continue to meet virtually, we have the following community-creating opportunities open to all:
- Fellowship hour after 10:30 worship. Just stay on the zoom site for fellowship.
- Wednesdays 12:00 -1:00 pm EDT: All-church check in and Bible study, open to all. https://zoom.us/j/168043926
- On our Racial Justice page there is a book study in beginning in July and a small group study on Race and White Privilege
- Single Parent Bible Study: Join Nadia, an often-overwhelmed but grateful single mother of a 10-year-old son, in connecting with other single parents and exploring the lessons and wisdom in scripture on Tuesday nights at 8 pm. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions. Zoom Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81114728157?pwd=cWNYbzlZS01uMXZyZTVpQzdoMmNHQT09
Children Youth and Family Ministry is having kids’ church before worship on Sunday, in addition to zoom calls for specific age groups and additional resources online.
Email Nadia for more information.
Vacation Bible School will happen via zoom Wednesdays, July 8, 15, 22, and 29 from 5-6. Nadia has the details!!! If you aren’t already getting Nadia’s emails about children, youth and family events, let her know! email@example.com
- Ways you can help
- Should you need any extra support in this time, please contact Pastor Sarah. God bless you!
- Check out Pastor Sarah’s new blog: God Holds You
Connect with us on social media: