All in-person indoor activities are canceled indefinitely but we’re seeing many parts of the country begin reopening. The church council has been discussing whether or not we felt comfortable opening up our building for people to gather. Acting out of an abundance of caution and love for our church family, we do not feel comfortable reopening the building at this time. We want to learn best practices so that we can figure out a phased plan, and we are using data to help guide our decisions. Pastor Sarah is in touch with pastors in the area and we’ll keep everyone updated. Read the church council’s latest assessment.
Looking for a complete list of all our Advent and Christmas activities? Check out Advent and Christmas 2020!
Advent Reflections – Sundays at 6:00pm on Nov. 29, Dec, 6,13 and 20. Light your Advent wreath and connect with others for a short reflection on Advent. (Zoom link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88366660125?pwd=eUpQSlErdlNBVm9xM080Q2E5SGNGUT09)
Save the Date! Advent Carol Festival online, December 13th , Sunday at 4:00 pm. The Music Ministry at Peace is pleased to announce that we will continue Peace’s beloved tradition of presenting the Annual Carol Festival – a musical journey through the Advent and Christmas seasons. This year this festive occasion will take place online. The entire congregation will be invited to participate and sing along many seasonal songs to make the season meaningful and bright. Zoom link will be provided prior the event. All are welcome to join!!!
Until we gather together at Peace, let your face shine before others and your good wishes be heard in the Advent and Christmas seasons! Here’s how …
This year we want to share lots of pictures and videos in our virtual meetings, including the Advent Carol Festival on December 13th, and our 10:30 worship services in the Advent and Christmas seasons. There are two ways that you can send us your Christmas pictures or videos:
- Family Pictures – Peace Family Virtual Christmas Card
- Christmas Greeting Videos
Children Youth and Family Ministry
- Sunday school happens this Sunday at 10 am – look for the emailed Zoom link and coloring page on Saturday night!
- Single Parents’ Bible Study – Are you a single parent who would like to share a bible study space with others who can relate to your experiences? If so, please email Nadia (email@example.com) – she is interested in hosting this but needs feedback first.
I pray that God will guide us in our support of and learning from one another! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The hypothermia program is an annual undertaking of the shelter and its partner, New Hope Housing, to provide overnight respite for unhoused neighbors during the coldest months of the year. They depend on congregations and community groups to help with food. Peace has a number of committed volunteers who have helped with this in the past – please consider joining them in supporting this cause with food, delivery, and/or money for catered meals. Thank you! Contact: email@example.com
Did you know Peace has been looking into installing solar panels on our roof? Read more about recent progress here.
Volunteer Opportunity – Technology Ministry
Come one, come all, please respond to the call…the call for volunteers! Are you somewhat tech savvy? Are you inspired by worship and able to dedicate time and talent to help ensure it runs smoothly? Could you offer expertise to help guide the church in meeting its technological needs? Please consider joining the Technology Ministry! If interested, please contact council members Natalie Cain, Kathleen Wage, and Stu Whitehead directly or though the church office.
In addition to the small groups that continue to meet virtually, we have the following community-creating opportunities open to all:
- Fellowship hour after 10:30 worship. Just stay on the zoom site for fellowship
- On our Racial Justice page a new Troubling the Waters group began in September.
- Wednesdays 12:00 -1:00 pm EDT: All-church check in and Bible study, open to all. Zoom link here: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/168043926?pwd=czVMS1VVK2hPRTlmODk1eW13b0RiQT09
Prayers for a Pandemic
Explore our publication “Prayers for a Pandemic.” A compilation of art, photos and writings by members and friends of Peace.
- A Care Team has formed to stay connected with the most vulnerable people in our congregation. If you would like to have a care team member contact you for any reason, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ways you can help
- Should you need any extra support in this time, please contact Pastor Sarah. God bless you!
- Check out Pastor Sarah’s new blog: God Holds You
Connect with us on social media: