All in-person indoor activities are canceled indefinitely but we’re seeing many parts of the country begin reopening. The church council has been discussing whether or not we felt comfortable opening up our building for people to gather. Acting out of an abundance of caution and love for our church family, we do not feel comfortable reopening the building at this time. We want to learn best practices so that we can figure out a phased plan, and we are using data to help guide our decisions. Pastor Sarah is in touch with pastors in the area and we’ll keep everyone updated. Read the church council’s latest assessment.
Spiritual Discernment in a Covid Lent
Wednesdays, March 3, 10, 17, 24
We have been in COVID time since last Lent. Amidst numerous challenges and hardships, loss of routines and security, we’ve also had moments of joy and clarity. Our lives have changed; God has been with us through it all.
Someday, COVID restrictions will be history and a different kind of life will emerge. Before we slide back into “normal” patterns, it’s worth spending time discerning what God has revealed during the past year.
Wednesdays during Lent immediately following evening Vespers, Pastor Sarah will lead 45 minute discernment sessions (approximately 7:30pm – 8:15pm). These sessions will be a combination of group discussion and individual/household reflection. Each one will include scripture and prayer.
We’ll explore questions such as: Where have you experienced clarity, purpose and hope? How has your spirituality changed? How may God be calling you to live differently in the days ahead?
The email version of Living Lutheran is a shorter version of the print magazine and is free. Sign up here: https://www.livinglutheran.org/edigest-signup/ If you are interested in the print version, the subscription price goes down as more individuals sign up. If 10 or more sign up, a year subscription is $8.95. The magazine will be sent to your home, but all names must be collected and sent in at one time. If interested, contact Sue Clark. by Feb. 17th.
Children Youth and Family Ministry
- Sunday school happens this Sunday at 10 am – look for the emailed Zoom link and coloring page on Saturday night!
- Single Parents’ Bible Study – Are you a single parent who would like to share a bible study space with others who can relate to your experiences? If so, please email Nadia (email@example.com) – she is interested in hosting this but needs feedback first.
I pray that God will guide us in our support of and learning from one another! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Did you know Peace has been looking into installing solar panels on our roof? Read more about recent progress here.
Volunteer Opportunity – Technology Ministry
Come one, come all, please respond to the call…the call for volunteers! Are you somewhat tech savvy? Are you inspired by worship and able to dedicate time and talent to help ensure it runs smoothly? Could you offer expertise to help guide the church in meeting its technological needs? Please consider joining the Technology Ministry! If interested, please contact council members Natalie Cain, Kathleen Wage, and Stu Whitehead directly or though the church office.
In addition to the small groups that continue to meet virtually, we have the following community-creating opportunities open to all:
- Fellowship hour after 10:30 worship. Just stay on the zoom site for fellowship
- On our Racial Justice page a new Troubling the Waters group began in September.
- Wednesdays 12:00 -1:00 pm EDT: All-church check in and Bible study, open to all. Zoom link here: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/168043926?pwd=czVMS1VVK2hPRTlmODk1eW13b0RiQT09
Prayers for a Pandemic
Explore our publication “Prayers for a Pandemic.” A compilation of art, photos and writings by members and friends of Peace.
- A Care Team has formed to stay connected with the most vulnerable people in our congregation. If you would like to have a care team member contact you for any reason, please email email@example.com
- Ways you can help
- Should you need any extra support in this time, please contact Pastor Sarah. God bless you!
- Check out Pastor Sarah’s new blog: God Holds You
Connect with us on social media: