All in-person indoor activities are canceled indefinitely but we’re seeing many parts of the country begin reopening. The church council has been discussing whether or not we felt comfortable opening up our building for people to gather. Acting out of an abundance of caution and love for our church family, we do not feel comfortable reopening the building at this time. We want to learn best practices so that we can figure out a phased plan, and we are using data to help guide our decisions. Pastor Sarah is in touch with pastors in the area and we’ll keep everyone updated. Read the church council’s latest assessment.
Faith Foundations led by Pastor Sarah
Date change: Wednesday nights, beginning October 7, 2020 from 7pm – 8:30pm.
Bible study, reflection on what it means to be a Christian, Lutheran fundamentals, and sharing our lives together. It’s a Bible Study, small group and an adult confirmation class all in one. We’ll study, share, sing, pray, and serve together.Sign Up
Volunteer Opportunity – Technology Ministry
Come one, come all, please respond to the call…the call for volunteers! Are you somewhat tech savvy? Are you inspired by worship and able to dedicate time and talent to help ensure it runs smoothly? Could you offer expertise to help guide the church in meeting its technological needs? Please consider joining the Technology Ministry! If interested, please contact council members Natalie Cain, Kathleen Wage, and Stu Whitehead directly or though the church office.
Did you know Peace has been looking into installing solar panels on our roof? Read more about recent progress here.
Children Youth and Family Ministry
- Sunday school happens this Sunday at 10 am – look for the emailed Zoom link and coloring page on Saturday night!
- Single Parents’ Bible Study – Are you a single parent who would like to share a bible study space with others who can relate to your experiences? If so, please email Nadia (email@example.com) – she is interested in hosting this but needs feedback first.
I pray that God will guide us in our support of and learning from one another! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition to the small groups that continue to meet virtually, we have the following community-creating opportunities open to all:
- Fellowship hour after 10:30 worship. Just stay on the zoom site for fellowship.
- Wednesdays 12:00 -1:00 pm EDT: All-church check in and Bible study, open to all. Zoom link here.
- On our Racial Justice page a new Troubling the Waters group begins in September.
- A Care Team has formed to stay connected with the most vulnerable people in our congregation. If you would like to have a care team member contact you for any reason, please email email@example.com
- Ways you can help
- Should you need any extra support in this time, please contact Pastor Sarah. God bless you!
- Check out Pastor Sarah’s new blog: God Holds You
Connect with us on social media: