Do you need help? People who have never been in need before are suddenly finding themselves in need. No shame. God cares and our church does too.
- Fairfax County Coordinate Services Planning: 703-222-0880, TTY 711 or https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/neighborhood-community-services/coordinated-services-planning
- Fairfax County Public Schools has food available for students at local elementary schools. https://www.fcps.edu/news/coronavirus-update-food-resources
- Annandale Christian Community for Action (ACCA) has a food panty. Requests can be made through the Fairfax County, VA, Coordinated Services. 703-222-0880, TTY 711, M-F 8am – 4:30PM
- For other help, including rental assistance, in Fairfax County, VA, Coordinated Services is the best place to start: 703-222-0880, TTY 711, M-F 8am – 4:30PM
- Special notice regarding resources and immigration status: https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/neighborhood-community-services/immigrants-and-fairfax-county-safety-net-services
They do not ask about immigration status and their staff are multilingual.
If you are experiencing domestic violence (including emotional abuse), you can call the county Domestic Violence Abuse Center at 703-246-4573 for a completely confidential call.
TAX PREPARATION HELP:
AARP Volunteers Begin Tax Preparation Services – AARP Volunteers will provide residents with free tax preparation assistance beginning mid-February at a new temporary location. Because of the COVID-19 pandemic, AARP’s procedures have changed for everyone’s safety. Tax preparation is by appointment only. (No walk-ins.) All appointments are limited to 15 minutes. To register for the first of two appointments, you must first obtain and complete a Tax Preparation Intake Packet. Packets will be available on Monday, February 15, 2021 by one of two ways:
*At the Mason District Governmental Center, 6507 Columbia Pike in Annandale, inside the entry door to the right (by the bulletin board). (DO NOT proceed into the building because it is CLOSED to the public.); or
*Visit the Mason District Tax-Aide website at https://tinyurl.com/
After reading the packet’s instructions:
1. Fill out the packet completely (Important!)
2. Assemble your tax documents on paper. No information will be accepted from cell phones.
3. Call the number provided in the packet for an appointment and directions to the new temporary location.
Note: At the first appointment:
1. Your documents will be checked for completeness.
2. The documents will be scanned (Paper image is digitized and stored securely in the cloud.).
3. You will leave the appointment with your documents.
Your tax return will then be prepared by IRS-certified counselors without your presence. Issues and questions will be addressed and discussed with you by the phone.
Note: The second appointment will be scheduled to review, sign, and receive a copy of your completed tax return. Bring all tax material to this appointment. For information about AARP Tax-Aide, visit www.aarp.org/taxaide, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 1-888-687-2277.