Holy Week Services
Thursday, April 6; 7pm
Maundy Thursday Worship
Maundy Thursday marks the night of the Last Supper. Jesus commanded that people should love one another, he then washed the feet of his disciples as an act of kindness. Join us for Worship on April 6 at 7pm. Service will be in person only.
Friday, April 7, 7pm
Good Friday Service
Good Friday marks the death of Jesus Christ on the cross prior to his resurrection on Easter morning. Because of God’s love for us all, he died to save us from our sins. Join us in worship for Good Friday on April 7. Service will be in-person only.
Sunday, April 9
Easter Breakfast and Worship
He Has Risen! Celebrate the resirrection of Jesus Christ. Breakfast and fellowship will begin at 9am folowed by a joyous worship service at 10:30am. All are welcome! Join worship online or in-person.
What's Happening in Lent?
Lenten Soup Supper
Please join us Wednesday evenings from March 1 - 29 for Soup Suppers and Worship. We will share a soup supper at 6:15 PM, followed by Vespers with testimony at 7 PM. Members of the Peace congregation will share their own inspiring stories of faith. Volunteers are needed to bring soup for those in attendance.
``An Altar in the World``
Sunday Book Discussions
Sunday mornings in Lent, 9:15-10:15, we will discuss parts of the book “An Altar in the World” by Barbara Brown Taylor for adult education and a semon series throughout Lent. We encourage you to purchase a copy of this book for reflection and to gain deeper meaning from these events. Peace will also purchase a few copies for congregants to borrow if finances are a concern. The chapters have been selected in this order to correlate loosely with the gospel readings for each day. You’ll get more out of the discussion if you read the chapters and the Bible passage ahead of time, but if you don’t read, come anyway.
- Feb 26: Introduction and Chapter 8, Saying No; Matthew 4:1-11, Jesus encounters the Devil.
- March 5: Chapter 5, Getting Lost, and Chapter 1, Waking up to God; John 3:1-17, Jesus encounters Nicodemus.
- March 12: Chapter 6, Encountering Others. Chapter 7, Living with Purpose; John 4:5-42, Jesus encounters the Samaritan Woman at the Well.
- March 19: Chapter 2, Paying Attention and Chapter 3, Wearing Skin; John 9:1-41, Jesus encounters a Man Born Blind.
- March 26: Chapter 10, Feeling Pain, and Chapter 12, Pronouncing Blessings; John 11:1-45, Jesus encounters Mary, Martha and Lazarus.
Available in the Narthex
Lenten Devotional Books
For an easy-to-use Lent daily devotional, we suggest Water and Spirit, available to pick up at Peace, $5 suggested donation given in cash, check or online. It provides daily devotions for each day in Lent and Holy Week. The writers bring their unique voices and pastoral wisdom to the texts with quotations, reflections, and prayers. Pick one up in the narthex.