Thanks to everyone who came to the After-Easter Egg and Scavenger Hunt – it was fun to see all 200+ eggs gathered in less than 7 minutes! Big thanks to Ms. Reena and Ms. Sophie for their help in planning and implementing the fun.
Come help paint a beautiful work of art on the Lauxman House garage door! All middle and high school youth are invited to help paint the beautiful mural (that youth contributed ideas for!) that will go on the garage door of the Lauxman House. Please sign up here to help paint on May 1 or 2!
Kids, families, everyone: you are invited to help reach a goal of 160 snack bags that will be shared with kids enrolled in an after school program hosted by a nearby affordable housing community (more info on that below).
- Supplies needed – paper lunch bags, 3-4 types of non-perishable snack foods such as pretzels, no-nut granola bars, mandarin orange or other fruit cups, crackers and juice boxes. For dietary restrictions, we prefer no nuts and no gelatin fruit snacks. *Please bring fruit only on the last Sunday in April to ensure freshness.
- Assemble bags at home. Bags can be decorated.
- Drop bags off on the table on the Lauxman House porch before or after any outdoor service in April (unless rain cancels the outdoor service).
- Learning and celebrating local Black history – Two weekends ago, three Peace families and one willing tour guide met up in 32° weather to go on a walking tour around Duke Street in Old Town, Alexandria. The last stop on the tour was the sculpture of Mary and Emily Edmonson, teenage sisters who struggled, fought, and survived in spite of the odds that were geared against them. Have you seen this sculpture on Duke street? It’s next to the functional office building where they were once held as prisoners. Hear their story and snippets of interviews with their descendants here: https://youtu.be/f23VPRkNUU4
- High school youth Tuesday night check-ins on Zoom
- 10:00 am Sunday School on Zoom
For more information or questions, contact Nadia.
Looking for other resources for Children, Youth and Family? Check out our resources page.