What? Confirmation is a three-year process designed to help students understand their faith. The years are broken down into Old Testament, New Testament, and Small Catechism. This year we are on the Small Catechism. Confirmation culminates in the ritual of Confirmation, also called Affirmation of Baptism. Students give their faith testimonies and pledge to live out (aka confirm) the faith in which they were baptized.
- Weekly meetings for 30 minutes to check in, pray, and have time for fellowship and faith talk. Wednesdays from 6:00 – 6:30pm over zoom beginning September 16, 2020.
- Group Confirmation classes, with youth and pastors from Peace, Faith and Holy Trinity Lutheran Churches will meet on 9/26/20, 10/18/20, 11/15/20 and 12/13/20 from 1:30-2:30 pm over zoom. The dates for the spring are yet to be determined.
- Worship. Confirmation students should worship regularly and are encouraged to participate in worship as a lector or to give a creative offering.
- At home devotional. Confirmation students and families will be given a daily devotional an encouraged to develop rituals, including daily devotions, to stay centered in their faith.
- Service project TBD.
- Final Confirmation retreat and Rite of Affirmation of Baptism. On Pentecost Sunday, May 23, 2021, 8th graders year, students will be confirmed. A retreat on a Sunday afternoon TBD will take place beforehand. Youth who are being confirmed will be strongly encouraged to give their faith statements.
There is a registration fee for some activities in our program. Please speak with Pastor Sarah if you need assistance in paying any of these fees. Cost should not be a barrier for any child to participate.
If you have a child who would be eligible for confirmation, please email our parish administrator.