Who? Students 6th – 8th grade.
What? Confirmation is a three-year process designed to help students understand our faith. The years are broken down into Old Testament, New Testament, and Small Catechism. This year we are on the New Testament.
Confirmation culminates in the ritual of Confirmation, also called Affirmation of Baptism, in the Spring of their 8th grade year. Students give their faith testimonies and pledge to live out (aka confirm) the faith in which they were baptized.
The Program for fall, 2021:
- Weekly zoom meetings for 30 minutes to check in, pray, and have time to share and talk about our faith. Time and date to be determined. Led by Pastor Sarah.
- Once a month group Confirmation classes,with youth from Peace, Faith and Holy Trinity Lutheran Churches. Led by all the pastors. These will be on Sunday afternoons from 3-4:30, in person. We plan to be outdoors and masked as much as possible. Fall dates are
- September 19 at Faith
- October 17 at Holy Trinity
- November 14 at Peace
- December 12 (location to be determined.)
The dates for the spring are yet to be determined.
- Confirmation students should worship regularly (at least 2x a month) and are encouraged to participate in worship as a lector, acolyte, or usher.
- Service project – To Be Determined.
Because of COVID-19, we are still unsure about other elements of the confirmation program. Hopefully, we will be able to have Confirmation Camp in the summer of 2022 and other fun activities throughout the year.
Your child will be given a Bible, A Devotional Booklet, and a copy of Manna and Mercy for their confirmation year. You are asked to provide a notebook dedicated to Confirmation.