Confirmation is a process by which students study and learn about their faith for two intense years. The goal is that by the end of the process, they will be able to affirm the faith in which they were baptized. The process is designed for 7th and 8th graders though it can also include older students.
It consists of the following parts:
1.Sunday morning classes September 17th – Memorial Day weekend from 9:15-10:15. The curriculum is “Here I Stand” and the classes focus on both learning information and developing relationships.
2. Attendance at confirmation retreat in the fall or spring.
- Sunday September 17, 3-5:30 at Hope Lutheran
- Sunday October 15, 3-5:30 at Faith Lutheran
- Sunday December 10, 3-5:30 at Peace Lutheran
- Sunday January 21, 3-5:30
- Sunday February 11, 3-5:30
- Saturday, March 10 – service learning experience.
- Friday March 17 – Sunday March 19 – Shekinah Synod-wide retreat for Confirmation Students.
- Sunday April 15 3-5:30
- Sunday May 20, 3-5:30
- Confirmation Camp in the summer, dates TBD.
4. At the end of the confirmation process, students are required to write their faith statements and give them to the whole congregation. This process, though scary at first, helps the students communicate to the rest of the congregation what their faith means to them. It is always inspiring.
If you have a child who would be eligible for confirmation, please email our parish administrator.